God bless this interweb thingy. Seven years ago, I wrote about the '80s Dutch hardcore band known as BGK (right here, in fact). Things were primitive back then: hell, I couldn't even figure out how to upload a cover picture to my entries, and Youtube?? Never heard of it. It's now 2011 and apparently there's little reason to leave your house and interact w/ other humans, and in that spirit, I present the clip above. The visuals will not thrill you, but the music just might. I'm playing the LP, Nothing Can Go Wrogn!, just this minute. I have been flashbacked 24 years and once again realised why I dug this record so much at the time. Like the best HC, it's a pure adrenalin rush. The track known as "Jonestown Aloha" by BGK puts ants in my pants and makes me want to dance on a hippie's face. That's all I'm sayin'.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool song, but the greatest achievement of this band was, is and shall be their 1983 debut album, which happens to have the same title as the clip here posted.
You can't beat those tuneless "stop the arm race! not the human race!..." shouts backed up with great Thrash.
Yeah, definitely a HC band from the 80's to revisit every now and then.
Dig the BGK, yes sir.