Whoah! Even a computer genius like me just got this thing working! Dunno if ANYONE reading this knows anything about me, and I'm not sure if it's relevant, but here goes...

I used to contribute to various Aussie fanzines around 1991-'92 before embarking on my own with Year Zero then The Moderate ('93-'97), two locals rags that, for whatever reason, people still actually care to mention in my immediate presence. Since they dissolved, I've written a plethora of articles for the Perfect Sound Forever site, amongst others. In the meantime I play drums in various useless local units you don't want to know about, dabble in public radio when I can be bothered and run the Lexicon Devil label (hence the name of this site), which has releases out by F/i, Boy Dirt Car, Jennifer Gentle, Currituck Co., Vibracathedral Orchestra, Vocokesh and Verdure. Write to me c/o lexdev@yahoo.com.au for details, and if you're from the US of A, go hassle Eclipse, Revolver or Forced Exposure for copies. I also like puppies and long walks along the beach, but enough of the introductions!

OK, on with the show. As this is a forum for me to blab endlessly on any topic that takes my fancy, I shall start by giving a rundown on my Top 50 Albums of All Time (you know that no Music Geek blog would be complete without such a list). To increase the level of sheer dorkery in such an undertaking, I shall also explain certain things about the release that I feel are important, these being: when and how it was purchased; its musical "context"; its pros and cons; related releases. As a catch, I've decided on these following rules: no band can have more than one entry; no "Best Of"'s are allowed (they must be fully-realised albums); box sets are only allowed if they are compilations by various artists. These last two rules cut out some artists I happen to really love (for instance Fela Kuti and T-Rex, who have some great Best Of's, don't have any individual albums that make the grade; I'd love to put in Pere Ubu's Datapanik box set, but a single LP will have to suffice). On with the freakin' show...

Comments