I just spent roughly the entire weekend in a semi- or other wise full-blown drunken stupor. It was Grand Final time, therefore I had an excuse (despite my total lack of interest in any sport), and thus didn't get any time to write a single word for the blog. Now I'm being whisked away to Sydney as of tomorrow morning for a few days for work meetings. I ain't got the spare hours to blab away right now on the audio wonders of the world, so I'm simply going to list the following five, great discs. I will really write about them in the near future. In the meantime, maybe you should buy yourself a copy of all of the below, and we can talk about them some time soon.

1) PETER HAMMILL - Nadir's Big Chance LP
2) THE FLESH EATERS - Hard Road to Follow reissue CD
3) CAN - Unlimited Edition CD
4) ZOLAR X - Timeless LP
5) MAGMA - Mekanik Destruktiw Komandoh LP

Really funny story: I went down to the street festival on High St. in Northcote yesterday to aimlessly hang around, eat some greasy food and catch up with some friends. I bumped into an old buddy, Tom. In discussing the vast numbers of uber-coolsters present at the event, strutting their wares up and down the road for all to see, I said to Tom: Is this the Hipster Olympics or what? His comment: I dunno, but seeing you there in that ratty old Dog Faced Hermans t-shirt of yours, I think you just won gold. At that point a young gent crossed our paths, donning a pair of shades, Vice-approved ape-drape hairdo and a fucking GOBLIN t-shirt. No, I said, that guy gets the gold! Laugh? We nearly cried.

lexdev@yahoo.com.au

Comments