A reader of Lexicon Devil has alerted me to the fact that there is a blog entitled X-Ray Barbecue where one can actually download Dawson's excellent How To Follow... LP in its entirety. Go here and hit click! In fact, X-Ray Barbecue features a pretty cool mix of tunes, and has the dubious honour of being the first blog I've encountered which basically replicates much of my record collection ca. 1991-'97: Dog Faced Hermans, Dawson, Stretchheads, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Hands To, Noggin, Sun City Girls, Pork Queen, Trumans Water, Crawling With Tarts, Kenny Process Team, etc. Still, much of this is still good listenin' in the year '08, so start yer perusin', pronto!

Comments

Anonymous said…
what's the likelihood i could get a zip/rar copy of the supreme dicks unexamined life uploaded to rapidshare or something?

i DO own a copy of the cd, but it's 16 hours away from nyc (where i am) in a box in a basement in storage.

thanks!
david.
Dave said…
David: If I could bothered teaching myself how to make rar/zip files, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but being somewhat of a luddite, I'd say that's a while off. Sorry!
Martin said…
Thanks for the tip! And the Stretchheads' 'Five fingers...' LP is there too, glorious! Dunno why I never got Dawson's LPs, I remember their first 7" wasn't very good but I saw them in Belfast twice and they were great, although the gigs were total disasters. Will be posting some related stuff on the blog very soon.

Hope all's well with you.