Love & praise for The Pop Group from Saint Nick himself. I've written about the band a number of times; if you care to read such waffle, you can likely Google it and shudder in a heartbeat. When I was 20 years old, they were probably my favourite band on earth. I'm now 39, and whilst I haven't listened to them much the past 10 years, I can still swear by their greatness w/ the kind of hyperbole that'll make your eyes roll. Strangely enough, they're back together again, as you can see from this recent interview w/ their main man, Mark Stewart. He's an odd fellow, to say the least, but it's the odd ones which make life interesting. And tying in to what was written below, he's also a big fan of grindcore and doom of the OM/Sleep school. Go figure. I'm not sure I'd want to spend a few hours in a room w/ him alone, but the interview in question is a great read.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Lexicon

I was curious where you got this clip from, what TV show it was and when/where it screened? Could you give me some idea?

Thanks,
Mark