WHERE IS RICHARD MASON?

Here's a general shout-out to the community in search of an old friend. Englishman Richard Mason penned many a great article in the late '90s for web zine Perfect Sound Forever, and during that time we were in regular correspondence. He even once mailed me a stack of cassettes he'd made, featuring the likes of Michael Hurley, Screamers, Homosexuals and a pile of Velvets and Can bootlegs (always a man of impeccable taste). You know, he was one of the good guys. Some time around 1999 or 2000 he sent me a brief message telling me that, due to various work and family disruptions at the time, he'd be out of contact for a while but hoped to get back in touch at some point in the future. I ain't heard a word from him since, even though he's written various articles for Ugly Things in the meantime (who haven't been able/willing to give me his address, for whatever reason). Anyway, the point is this: someone out there reading this must know the guy and how to reach him. I feel like I'm making a missing persons report, which I guess I am, in a way, but if you could help me out, here's where to write: lexdev@yahoo.com.au

Comments