THE BOTTOM-FEEDING 25 ALBUMS OF ALL TIME…

I’ve been getting a few emails and points of discussion regarding the Top 50 Albums list I printed a few months back. The main thrust of the emails has been, as predicted, “What about this…?!”, “I can’t believe you listed that and not this!” or “You boring, stuck-in-a-rut, stuck-in-the-past old cunt”. Other than killing some room on the site and pointlessly listing 50 albums I happen to really like, that was the point of the exercise. But, in the never-ending quest for lists, lists and more lists (I know you love ‘em), I’ve just put together my “Bottom-Feeding 25 Albums Of All Time” list below. They’re the additional 25 which, well, probably should have been somewhere within the original Top 50, but for whatever reason were cut out. These are all great, too, and I welcome any and all exasperated comments coming my way.

I don’t feel any urge to explain a single title unless someone wishes me to. Hopefully next time I then won’t be listing an additional 10 album not listed above, then 5, then 1. That, in effect, would make a killer list of 91 Essential Albums, but I really don’t think such a thing is necessary.

51) RESIDENTS – Not Available LP
52) AC/DC – Back In Black LP
53) TOWNES VAN ZANDT – First Album LP
54) BIRTHDAY PARTY – Junkyard LP
55) CUL DE SAC – ECIM CD
56) THE FALL – Hex Enduction Hour LP
57) THE BYRDS – Younger Than Yesterday LP
58) NAKED CITY – Torture Garden LP
59) AMON DUUL – Disaster 2LP
60) BIG STAR - #1 Record LP
61) BAD BRAINS – Rock For Light LP
62) KARLHEINZ STOCKHAUSEN – Hymnen 2LP
63) TIM BUCKLEY – Live at the Troubadour 2CD
64) PATTI SMITH – Radio Ethiopia LP
65) MAGMA - Kohntarkosz LP
66) JOY DIVISION – Unknown Pleasures LP
67) THE KINKS – The Village Green Preservation Society LP
68) JOHN CALE – Paris 1919 LP
69) MODERN LOVERS – s/t LP
70) TYRANNOSAURUS REX – Unicorn LP
71) ORNETTE COLEMAN – Science Fiction LP
72) NIRVANA – Nevermind LP
73) TELEVISION – Marquee Moon LP
74) HUSKER DU – Zen Arcade 2LP
75) THE SAINTS – Eternally Yours LP

Comments