Hey, what happened to December? I was supposed to spend the second half of the month kicking back and slacking off... Didn't work out that way at all. In the meantime, people have beaten me to the punch w/ their Best Of '05 lists all over the shop. Truth be told, I'm not too sure I could really come up w/ 10 absolutely KILLER releases from '05 which completely knocked my socks off, but I'll give it a try (in no particular order, of course)...

1) V/A - No New York LP/CD reissue (Lilith)
2) Various - Rolas de Aztlan: Songs of the Chicano Movement CD (Smithsonian/Folkways)
3) Food - Last Supper (Rune Grammofon)
4) Jesu - s/t CD (Hydra Head)
5) V/A - American Primitive II: Pre-War Revenants 1897-1939 2CD (Revenant)
6) The Ex - Singles. Period. CD (Touch and Go)
7) Ennio Morricone - Crime and Dissonance 2CD (Ipecac)
8) Sunn O))) - Black One CD (Southern Lord)
9) We Jam Econo - Minutemen doco film
10) Robert Wyatt and Friends - Theatre Royal Drury Lane Sunday 8th September 1974 CD(Hannibal/Rykodisc)

Am I missing something here? I try not to consider myself as hopelessly caught in the past, but most of these are reissues or unearthings of old titles thought lost forever. Tell me what I've missed out on, my ear is always kept to the ground.

Comments