Dez-fronted 'Flag at the Mabuhay Gardens January 1981. See it before it disappears!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just great. I couple guys I know from DC/Virginia still swear this was Thee Heaviest Line-Up of Any Band, Ever: "When Henry G. joined, it was over man." This shows why.
Dave said…
I never saw ANY line up of 'Flag play, so I'm just working on the knowledge I have, but when anyone says that 'Flag bit the moment Hank joined, I go on the defensive. I simply don't believe it. Watch the footage just put up on Youtube of the Hank/Chuck/Dez/Greg/Biscuits line-up at the Ukranian Hall ca. late '82 and tell me that ain't one of the most ferocious things you've ever witnessed!
Anonymous said…
Well I'm in the same boat as you - never saw em play - and totally agree re: Henry. I just think this vid sheds a fuller light on what that Dez-led band could get up to.

Me I've always thought the very best waxed FLAG moment(s) ever were captured on side two of their "TV Party" 45, with the lineup you've just mentioned. Ferocious, indeed!
Jay H. said…
This is amazing, thanks for posting it. I have friends that will "raise the flag", as it were for the 5-man lineup right after henry joined, with Greg AND Dez on guitars (!). Wow.