Caught Collapsed Toilet Vietnam and Pissbolt last night. Both bands ruled. When I was leaving the venue, I turned to a friend and said, "Isn't it just ridiculous that a band like Collapsed Toilet Vietnam can just get on a stage with a taped-together drum kit and a one-string bass, make a bunch of made-up screaming and noise and actually find an audience with that nonsense?" "Yeah", he said, "and yet some putz will still buy their t-shirt". That putz is me. I was clutching my new purchase under my arm at the time. I will wear it with pride.

Comments

Unknown said…
"Putz" I hear you (all?) say...

Hell...t'was (merely) twenty years ago I left mine own hometown - and, ALREADY you're talking like goddamn NewYorkers...without (let me say) any substantial Yiddish immigration ameantimes...

Perhaps I was RIGHT to move away from said town...given that such non-local poseur/bullshit speak has now (clearly!) become de-bloody-rigour!

Thankfully...I STILL live in a "cultural backwater" - and, will continue to do so as long as I have breath...

John Henry Calvinist
said…
Heck, Dave, bands/singers iz either
nonsense,
nice sex orrrrrrrrr
No Cents.

Guess which one moi 'tis.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor
Dave said…
Ummm... yeah! Right on!
Anonymous said…
what do pissbolt sound like?

regards,
billy bolt
Dave said…
I described Pissbolt last month: Discharge meets Burzum. That's my 2 cents...