Goshdangit
, I love this internet thing. Here's why: you ever seen the Decline Of Western Civilisation films by Penelope Spheeris? Of course you have. There's the first one, which centres on the nascent, awe-inspiring LA punk rock scene, and there's the second film which documents the mid '80s LA hair-metal circus. And then there's the little-known third one... It came out in '98 and played at various film festivals, but never saw release, not even on home video or DVD. I heard about it at the time, though it disappeared so quick I kinda forgot about it, and to be honest, my interest in late '90s crusty-punk - the scene it concentrates on - isn't something which sparks my interest greatly. But still, you know it and I know it: I'll sit through just about any dumbass film which lends a serious ear to this thing known as "punk rock" (unless it's one based on the candy-assed 21st-century notion of punk rock being something to do w/ extreme sports, arena shows, baggy shorts and all that emo drivel I dare not touch), and this might just be one of 'em. I haven't watched this yet - I'll do that on the weekend when I have some spare time - but perhaps you may care to give it a viewing. Ladies and gents, here is The Decline Of Western Civilisation III...

Comments

Mondo Barbara said…
The asian Mohican from this film stands on the corner of Camden High Street and Kentish Town Road, London Town, holding a sign advertising 5 quid vegan buffet. He's always drinking a few tallies of scrumpy jack cider and smoking darts.
cdg said…
I swear it sounds like they used the Wilhelm scream at 3:45,
Anonymous said…
Don't think I've ever seen the mohican in question, but I've definitely eaten his vegan buffet, that's fr sure. I'll haveta drop him a cider next time I'm heading off to The Underworld.

Oh and thanks for the link, LexDev! Never seen Decline III either, but like all your readers, I always wanted to.