Yes, I am aware of the fact that posting Youtube videos is a lazy man's way of running a blog which is supposed to comprise of some actual written content, but I'm sick and home from work today, wasting away the hours on Youtube and coming across some cool things I'd like to share with you. Here's one of them; it's a video from Melbourne's uber-psych ensemble, Sand Pebbles, with one of the best songs from one of the best albums of last year, Ceduna. Ladies and gents - wait, who am I kidding? "Gents..." - I present you the Sand Pebbles with "Wild Season", a clip obviously filmed at the northern suburban rollerderby venue down here in Melbourne (yeah, I have actually been there) on a rollicking Saturday evening...
And by the way, the 'Pebbles now finally have a US release out on the Double Feature label (an imprint co-run by Galaxie 500/Luna's Dean Wareham) entitled A Thousand Flowers, which scrapes together a bunch of tracks from their last few albums, leaning heavily on their ace Ceduna album. You Yanksters will need it.

Comments