I'll be back in a jiffy; real life is taking its toll on my ability to blog as much as I'd like to. I do these flashbacks every once in a while, so below there's one for you. Ignore it at will. Above is a clip by Niger musician, Bombino. He's pretty killer. He released an album entitled Agadez a few months back which has been spinning on my player a whole damn lot. Essentially he's picked up the mantle which was held by the great Ali Farka Toure for umpteen years - THE great North African desert bluesman - and injected a heavier dose of Hendrixian guitar heroics into the mix. He's on his way to becoming a star, and I hope it doesn't spoil him. The energy and feel he's got right this minute suits him perfectly. Know what I mean?

POWDER MONKEYS

REPO MAN

BAD BRAINS

UNSUNG HEROES OF ROCK & ROLL

DETROIT HARDCORE

JOHN BELUSHI: PUNKER

SQUIRREL BAIT: THE GREAT WHITEBREAD HOPE

SOMETHING WILD

ENDLESS BOOGIE

EMBRACE

Comments