Hello and welcome to the new/old and reconfigured Lexicon Devil blog. I started this in 2004 and kept it more or less (mostly more) active until roughly 2013. At that point, it started to seriously die on the vine for several reasons. Firstly, it was general burnout plus the added responsibility of looking after two young children. Also, in 2013, I got myself a 'real' and 'serious' job (all my jobs have been real and serious, but this one more so) at a record company and decided I needed to focus my energy on the tasks at hand (I walked out on that job almost two years), dispensing with blogging frivolities. It was briefly and pointlessly revived in 2017, but this time I mean it.

I've been blogging - of sorts - on an Instagram page the past 3 - 4 months by the name of The Devil's Lexicon, really as a means of getting back into the habit of writing regularly. I have always written throughout the intervening years, but it's been largely for work reasons (press releases and release sheets, etc.), the concept of writing for fun and expression being largely lost. I've threatened to write a book for the past two decades or more, and I'm not saying this threat will ever come to fruition, or that it even should, but reactivating this blog is one step in the right direction.

The Instagram page was started for my own amusement, now seems to have gathered a bit of a small but dedicated following, and it's clear that the platform is not the right one for what I'm doing. I initially thought I would post a few pictures and pen something brief about the subject then move along. Within no time the posts got longer and longer, broken into incomprehensible chapters, with some loud and influential voices (well, influential to me!) saying I needed to get the blog back - any blog!

So, here it is. More to come soon.


- Dave

Comments

Unknown said…
Just keep writing please.

Happy to get music commentary from the under-60 over-40 set wherever it is.
Jay said…
Excited to see this, Dave. Bookmarked!